Infertility related publications:
- Conventional IVF versus modifed natural IVF for poor ovarian reserve patients. Mostafa MH, Endeley NK, Mostafa AM. MOJ Women’s Health. 2019;8(6):310‒313. DOI: 10.15406/mojwh.2019.08.00256
- Review of the use of clomiphene citrate (CC) in the Assisted Reproduction Unit (ARU) – Hartlepool. Mostafa, Hany et al. European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Reproductive Biology, 2016, Volume 206, e8 – e9.
- Review of performance of patients with endometriosis in in vitro fertilisation (IVF) as compared to tubal factor infertility – Retrospective cohort study. Papir M, Mostafa H. Human Reproduction. 2015, 30 (suppl 1); 269.
- Subfertility Audit in North Cumbria, How to shorten the NHS funded IVF waiting list’’ M.H.Mostafa, S. Shivashankar and Dr. L Hipple. Transac N of Eng Obstet Gynaecol Soc. January 2008.
- Depressive and Anxiety symptoms in a sample of women with unexplained infertility: Impact of Assisted Reproduction Techniques (ART) on Psychiatric Morbidity’’. Mostafa M.H, Anwar.I, Zarif NM, Abdel Aziz AA. . Journal of the Egyptian society for Ob.&Gyn. 2005. vol.1, 67- 77. Presented to the Egyptian Society for Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and North of England Ob. & Gynae. Society.
- Depressive and Anxiety symptoms in a sample of women with unexplained infertility: Impact of Assisted Reproduction Techniques (ART) on Psychiatric Morbidity’’. Mostafa M.H, Anwar.I, Zarif NM, Abdel Aziz AA. Transac N of Eng Obstet Gynaecol Soc. January 2006.
- Assessment of the value of Fallopian sperm perfusion using two different techniques versus conventional Intrauterine Insemination. Mostafa MH, Azab H, Afify N. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal. 2004, 10(5); 243 – 250.
- “Ultra structural and laparoscopic evaluation of the distal end of the fallopian tube in case of tubal factor infertility’’. M.E.Azzam, M. Hassan, M.H.Mostafa. Ain Shams Medical Journal, 2004; Vol.55: 837 – 854.
Obstetric related publications:
1: “Effect of perioperative oxygenation and preloading with Hartman’s solution on fetal outcome in elective C.S. at high altitude”. M.H.Mostafa and R. A. Shoukry. Ain Shams Medical Journal. 2004; Vol.55, 163 – 173.
2: “Iron therapy in iron deficiency anemia in pregnancy: intravenous route versus oral route’’. Anwar.I, Nasr El-Din MH, Mostafa MH., Elfiky AH, Zaki MM. Ain Shams Medical Journal. 2004. Vol. 55; 855 – 865.
3: “Evaluation of the role of oral Prednisolone in the treatment of intractable hyperemesis gravidarum . A randomised study.’’ M.H. Mostafa. Ain Shams Medical Journal. 2004. Vol. 55; 1271 – 1278.
4: “Obstetric, Somatic and Demographic risk factors for post partum depressive symptoms’’. Abdelazia AA, Zarif N, Sherif F, Gad E, Mostafa MH. Current Psychiatry of Ain Shams. 2004. 11(1); 42 – 47.
5: “Cervical ripening: A Randomised comparison between intracervical Foley’s catheter and intra vaginal Prostin E2’’. Mohamed M, Kolaib MH, Mostafa MH, Ghitany SM. The New Egyptian Journal of Medicine. 2001, 25(2) ; 83 – 89.
General Gynaecology related publication:
1: “A Study of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) in a sample of Egyptian Women”. M.H. Mostafa, K.M.Ismail , M.R Abou Seeda, A.H. Khalil, A.E Seif el Dawla, N.M Zarif. Journal of the Egyptian society for Ob.&Gyn. 2004. vol.30, 407- 426.
Early research experience:
- Clinical Research Fellow at Universitaetsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany, during MD preparation: 02/01/1998 – 13/08/1999:
1. “Characterization of hCG isohormone in trophoblastic diseases and habitual abortion”.
The research involved characterization of the biological and immunological activities of hCG molecule in–vitro, using immunometric assays. The in-vivo biological activity of the molecule was determined using functional assays using Chinese hamster ovary cells transfixed with recombinant human TSH receptor as well as other cell lines transfixed with LH/hCG receptor. Comparison between the biological and immunological activity of the molecule in trophoblastic diseases, habitual abortion and in normal pregnancy was done. The results were presented in international conferences and were published in the Gynaecologic Endocrinology Journal.
i. “The human Chorionic Gonadotropins molecule from patients with Trophoblastic diseases has a high thyrotropic activity but is less active in the ovary’’ K.Kato, M.H.Mostafa, K.Mann, A.E.Schindler and R.Hoermann. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2004; 18: 269-277.
ii. “Human Chorionic Gonadotropins exhibits normal biological activity in patients with recurrent pregnancy loss” K.Kato, M.H.Mostafa, K.Mann, A.E.Schindler, R.Hoermann. Gynecological Endocrinology. 2002; 16: 179 – 186.
2. “Study of the differences in the biological and immunological activity of various commercial hCG preparations”.
The study Involved characterization of the immunological and biological differences between the different commercial hCG preparations, using different immunometric assays, Chinese hamster ovary cells transfixed with recombinant human TSH receptor as well as other cell lines transfixed with LH/hCG receptor and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
The results were published in the Zentral Blatt Fuer Gynekologie Journal.
i. “Immunological and biological activity of different commercial preparations of human Chorionic Gonadotropins” K.Kato, M.H.Mostafa, K.Mann, A.E.Schindler, R.Hoermann. Zentralblatt fuer gynekologie. 2002; 124: 123 – 127.
- Clinical research at Ain Shams University, Cairo Egypt: (06/1994 – 06/1995):
‘’The use of Visual Evoked Potential (VEP) in the detection of the central nervous system effects of preeclampsia’’.
Clinical research in the different patterns of CNS involvement in mild and severe preeclampsia as compared to normal pregnancy. This work was submitted in the thesis for the Master degree, which was evaluated and accepted in September 1995.